Around Valentine’s day, pinks and reds abound, flowers are being delivered left right and center, candy hearts become a fun type of social currency, and the theme of the month is love and affection. As the biggest floral holiday of the year, it’s no wonder that blooms are everywhere – from pink peonies, to red roses, to crimson dahlias. ‘Love is in the Air’, as they say, and with it comes a whole bunch of seasonal inspiration for weddings that are as beautiful as they are colorful! Many brides choose February weddings for all sorts of reasons, not the least of which is the built-in love theme – but how do you keep the event from seeming overdone or tacky?
Here, our 5 favorite tips to pull off the look, and let love bloom:
1. Incorporate an ombre pink color scheme into a major decor piece, such as your ceremony backdrop
2. Rock some ruby red bling – we like this engagement ring
3. Keep your accessories personal – if you’re a sneakers gal, wear them proud!
4. Use hearts sparingly, but incorporate some ‘love’ symbols to keep your photos sweet. We like the floral wreath below, and the angle of the shot.
5. Wear a pink dress – you’ll feel girly and beautiful, not to mention on-point with the Valentine theme. Bonus points for a contrasting bridal bouquet!